About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Follow-up and update on Pam, the doll




Pam is all dressed up! Not terrible for my first go at dressing a doll (if I say so myself!). And those of you who commented on my last post, thank you! As you mentioned, fabric glue is LOVELY when making dolls' clothes in this scale. I did use the sewing machine on Pam's skirt, but fabric glue took care of the more fiddly sleeves and bodice. I used Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac. I love this stuff as it quickly dries so there is not much waiting between steps of a project. 



Also to answer a question from Iris March, the doll was made from a Teresa Glisson mold and painted by Jan Hughes (who sold me the doll). Her eBay page is here in case any of you are interested. (Her shipping was SUPER fast!)

If you noticed, I put Pam's hair up. I like it better that way. She looks quite elegant (and ready to meet her new neighbors!)



I also made a cute tote bag out of some scraps. I might make more of these. They are easy and fun, too!



I will be doing a photo shoot soon of Pam in the Glencroft, historical society, and herb shop soon. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    Terrific work. I love the skirt and the sleeves are very well done. Are you sure this is a first time? I also love the bag and the hair. Lovely!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giac! What a kind reply! :) I might have to get another doll, because I really enjoyed dressing this one. :-D

      Cheers,
      Linda

      Delete
  2. she looks like a proper lady :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ps those bags are cute you really should make more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa,

      Thank you! I did make more of them. Some are in my Etsy shop. :) I am planning to make some more in different colors soon.

      Cheers,
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Benissimo! Hai realizzato un bel vestito e più velocemente con la colla..Mi Piace ora Pam è pronta per fare shopping!Un caro saluto, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her dress. The bag is elegant.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails